The car game
So I have been selling cars for almost a month now. It isn't a hard, or an easy job. The hours are terrible (13 hours a day) and since you are in direct competition with everyone you work with it doesn't make for the most relaxed or friendly work place. The working relationships are manageable though.. everyone is relatively respectful in that they follow the rules that allow us all to make money. I have sold seven cars so far, which is an okay number for my first month. I made more money than at least one of the experienced salesmen (which has him pissed and thinking about switching to another dealership). I have had some cool customers, and some really lame ones. I had a guy be a real dick to me today so I set our surliest salesman loose on him. The guy tried to act like a tough guy in front of his girlfriend, so the salesman started hitting on her to get the two of them to leave... normally I would stay out of, or try to prevent such behavior but this guy was a real ass. Apparently while having a romantic evening with his girlfriend he promised to buy her a new car the next day and was upset when she remembered in the morning, so they were out driving looking for a sub 5k car... now that's love. I have plenty of stories, but most of them are complainy, and I don't really have much time to post right now anyway. I'll try to post the highlights when I have time, but it is past my bedtime, and I have to be back on point at 8:15 (I'll explain all the lingo someday too) If you want to know more about selling cars, read Confessions of a Car Salesman. My experience, and my dealership aren't nearly as bad as the ones he talks about, but it gives you an idea of how things work.

1 Comments:
Heh, that's funny. One time, when I was drunk, I promised Brittany I'd eat a kitten if she'd slather it with peanut butter first. So imagine my confusion when I woke up the next morning to Brittany's toothy grin and a shaven/slathered kitten standing on my chest.
Post a Comment
<< Home