Anybody need a car?
Tommorw marks the beginning of a new employment adventure. I will start my training as a car salesperson for Ron Tonkin Mazda Hyundai in SE Portland. I passed the drug test (not that I was worreid) and I passed the personality test today. I was a little worried about this test since they are pretty much a bunch of trick questions. I applied at three car dealers, and I took three totally different tests. The first appeared to be all about loyalty to the company, and drive to make money. The second was more about what kind of employee you would be (are you late, do you steal stuff...). This one was almost evenly split between questions about drug use, how angry of a person I am, and how much I plan on stealing from the company (which is nothing btw...). From the looks of it I will have a couple days of training and then get thrown out on the sales floor. I had an offer at 2 places, and I picked the company that is more reputable, with a lower pressure sales approach, and a nicer feeling place to work. Unfortunatly I will now have to wear a tie to work, but I am sure I'll get used to that shortly. I will be starting a new blog to catalog car info on the two lines and the dealership, but it will by no means be an unbiased account, or source for information- more on that later.


7 Comments:
Hey Congrats! Ryan sold cars for a little while before he got his current gig, he seemed to like it. He tells me the trick is to not pretend to know something when you really don't. People seem to dig honesty. He sold a lot of cars. ;)
Very cool! I think you'll make a great salesman!
Great! Congratulations!
Hey..I just realized... you're in Portland! You must go to the best grocery store ever! Winco.. open 24 hrs and incredibly cheap for most things. ;)
I have already discovered the wonders of WinCo! I LOVE it there!
I wanna goto WinCo!
uh...what is WinCo?!
Post a Comment
<< Home