Crossed fingers
I had my interview at Portland state a week ago for a club advisor for multicultural and spiritual clubs. I haven't talked about it much because it is a job I really want, and the waiting is driving me nuts... and writing about it certainly doesn't help. The interview was 8 hours long, and it went okay, but not great. I was kind of thrown off by how informal everything was. Different segments started late, parts were canceled, half the committee didn't come to the interview, they cut my tour short (because I told them Christine and I already explored much of the campus). I came in ready to kick ass, but the go with the flow attitude of all the people I met caught me off guard. It seems like it would be a great place to work -- everyone I met seemed to be happy to be working there, they all seemed to like each other and get along, the woman who would be my supervisor seems very knowledgeable and understanding... pretty much exactly what I am looking for. I probably won't hear anything until next Tuesday, so until then there will be much hand wringing, teeth grinding and nervous energy.

3 Comments:
I will keep my fingers crossed for you!
dude, good luck, that sounds like it would be a fun job
Ok... did we hear anything yet? ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home