Friday, September 09, 2005

CANdy Corn

Novelty Beverage season is in full swing this year. Mt. Dew has Pitch Black II (which tastes like sour gummy worms) and Jones soda has a full line of Halloween sodas that are apparently only available at Target in 8oz cans. The two most interesting are Candy Corn soda, and Caramel Apple. The Candy Corn is a terrible color (similar to redbull in color) and smells like butterscotch candy which isn't too far on the smell spectrum from candy corn. It is a very sweet and warm smell. The taste is very much like the aftertaste of candy corn. There is a slight, almost alcohol burn to it, and it is only very lightly carbonated. I wouldn't say it tastes bad, but it really isn't very refreshing. I really enjoy the smell more than the taste. The soda is very thick and leaves a yellow coating on the glass. It would probably be best to drink this one out of the can.

The Caramel Apple soda is a little less interesting. It smells like granny smith apples, and tastes a lot like sparkling cider. There is the same slight alcohol taste, and other than that it tastes strongly of apples. There is a slight caramel aftertaste, it isn't as thick s the other, and is more refreshing.. it is still a little syrupy, but I could drink more than one of the apple, but not the candy corn.

I am determined to get some of the Thanksgiving sodas if they make them again this year, and hopefully Pepsi will release a Holiday Spice 2.0 and make it not terrible.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lilypad John said...

ew...
So are the Thanksgiving ones good? I remember seeing them last year, but I was kind of skeptical about gravy flavoured soda hehehe.

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home