Thursday, August 26, 2004

Impending

I meant to write about this sooner, but it has been a busy week. Last Sunday Christine and I were both in a bit of a funk in the evening. It was one of those days where the light takes a long time to fade, and it feels earlier in the day than it actually is. It felt like Fall, and it felt uncomfortable. We both really value the time we get to spend together, and Sundays mean the end of the weekend, and five more days we don’t get to spend together, We know we are lucky that we live so close to work, that we get to have lunch together, and that we do pretty much everything, and go everywhere together. I think that because we are spoiled it makes it easier for us to get greedy.

This last Sunday the cheerleaders left for the summer, which means the RAs will be back soon, and then the students. That means a month of working 50-80 hours a week, and a lot of time apart. This year it will be a lot worse knowing that Christine and Colin are at home waiting for me, and having fun without me. I have one week to wrap my head around another school year. It has been a nice, fairly lazy summer where I got to spend al ot of good time at home with my family, and right now I am not looking forward to the noise, the crowds, the tone setting, the boozing, the skateboarding, etc...

Luckily seeing my RAs and doing the prep work for the new year does a lot to turn my motivation around. I plan on enjoying this last week of peace and quiet, and then taking a deep breath, and a heavy sigh before I get over myself and jump headlong into the new year.

This will likely be our last year in Santa Cruz, and I plan on making sure it is a good one. We need to make the most of our time with our friends here, and I have some things I want to get done in my job before I leave. Wish us luck.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lilypad John said...

Good luck, guys! I miss the crazy, hectic days of living on campus, savor it while you can!

3:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home