16 days of bad puns and obnoxious comments
It is Olympics time, and we are trying to watch the opening ceremonies. We are both doing other things while it is playing in the background. I feel the need to watch it the same as I feel the need to participate in all regularly scheduled, but not everyday cultural phenomenon (i.e. the superbowl). The problem is that they are going to commercial every five minutes (less of a problem since we are tivoing it and can FF the commercials. The problem is that the commentators are horrible. I know that if I had to talk for four hours while I watched people file inyo a stadium, I would be boring, and lame and make all kinds of bad jokes too-- but I would at least pretend not to be bored.. since I would be getting paid to introduce the games to a nation.... I wish there were some kind of Olympic CSPAN where I could just watch it without commentary... sure it would still be boring, but it would be a whole lot less annoying.
Now Christine has muted it and is watching it in fast forward... I think she solved the problem for me, and now that I have to watch more intently to make sure I don't miss anything, I think I will stop complaining for now...
Nevermind... now they are talking over Bjork's performance... I am not a fan, but it is still a bit rude to talk over her singing. Bob, Katie and NBC have managed to remove any sense of the intended sense of artistic vision, and any sense of immersion in the event.
Now Christine has muted it and is watching it in fast forward... I think she solved the problem for me, and now that I have to watch more intently to make sure I don't miss anything, I think I will stop complaining for now...
Nevermind... now they are talking over Bjork's performance... I am not a fan, but it is still a bit rude to talk over her singing. Bob, Katie and NBC have managed to remove any sense of the intended sense of artistic vision, and any sense of immersion in the event.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home