Wednesday, December 29, 2004

new cell phone

Well, our cell phone contract is almost up, and since we need a new phone number anyway, I figured we don’t really need to wait for the old contract to end to get a new phone/ number.  We have been looking online and at the mall and found what appears to be a real sweet deal from Amazon on the <a href=” http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0006I2G3U/ref=pd_ts_tb_5/103-7427591-3656610?v=glance&s=wireless&n=301185 “>Motorola V551</a>.  We normally just go with whatever the free phone that comes with the plan is, but I have always looked longingly at the needlessly fancy phones.  Well, a $150 mail in rebate makes this a free phone, and oh boy is it fancy.  I don’t even have a need for Bluetooth, but I am getting it.  I always wish I had a camera on me, but I never do-- well I do now.  We won’t get the phone for a couple weeks, but once we do you can expect a bunch of fuzzy VGA pics from the cameraphone until the novelty wears off.  We are sticking with Cingular since their coverage is good up here, and they have plans that I can stomach the cost/ value ratio of.  I hate that cell phones cost so much, but I can’t imagine going back to not having one.

2 Comments:

Blogger JMV said...

Kick Ass! Phones rock!
I'd like to take this opportunity to evangelize flickr some more and mention it integrates very well with both camerphones and blogger!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Lilypad John said...

Sometimes I wish I had a cell phone, but I just can't afford it. Well, maybe I could find a way to afford one, but there is starting to be this novelty being one of the only few left that actually do not have one. I feel like that old guy at work that is too afraid of change and new technologies.

4:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home